Monday, February 11, 2013

Rebekah Lucy Loves The Ritz

My lovely Annalies has lived in London for nearly four years now. She also has a lot of stuff (as anyone who has seen her bedroom can attest). So I wanted to get her something a bit 'Londony' and special for Christmas, and naturally I decided I would like to experience this Londony London... ness... with her. Also, sometimes I like to pretend I'm a bit posh, so back in December I booked a fancy day out for us at The Ritz. Get in.

Come, let's mix where Rockefellers walk with sticks, or umbrellas in their mitts. Puttin' on the ritz.

Ritzy make up. That's me up there innit. Brought my eyebrows along for the ride.
Afternoon tea in the Palm Court. Spectacular, seriously. The Ritz's own website describes it this way and it's not a word of a lie. Every little detail was beautiful - from the lavish (slightly OTT) ceiling and chandeliers to the flowers, the sweet yellow upholstery, the crockery, the silverware, the detail in the servers uniforms, the monogrammed napkins, even the monogrammed cakes. Cakes! Cakes with logos! Cakes with monograms! I don't really know the difference between a logo and a monogram! I think one is a letter and one is a picture maybe! Mind: blown.


R for Ritz? R for Rebekah me thinks. Mine. In the sense that I ate this bad boy.


I think we were a little bit nervous at first, after all we just pretend to be posh. But I guess that's what the champagne is for? To settle the jitters? *shrugs. It's also very tasty, champagne. Win!

Cheers!

The food was insane - and there was so much of it. Six (SIX!) different types of finger sandwiches, freshly baked scones (still warm! I love scones!) with clotted cream and strawberry jam, macaroons, cakes, pastries, little rhubarb crumble unidentified thing in a jar. So! Much! Food! We were absolutely full to the brim by the end of it. Thankfully you get around two hours for your sitting, so there's time to chill out and chat and try to make room for more food. But I challenge anyone to try to eat all of it. Did I mention? So! Much! Food!


How do YOU do yours? Cream 'n jam? Jam 'n cream? Get in and around my mouth.

Sammiches!


The service was impeccable too, but, you know, it's The Ritz... THE RITZ. Ritzy! The waiters were friendly and sweet, and obligingly took photos for anyone who asked. Our photographer even switched angles to give us an assortment of backgrounds - too cute!

After stuffing ourselves we retired to the (pink!) powder room to chill out and reapply make up and take selfies and... take photos with... nymphs? And in Ani's (hungover) case, have a little rest of ye olde eyeballs.
Selfies. Posing in the pink powder room. River Island dress.
Then it was upstairs to level seven for Orly manicures. Standard I have to say, but pretty! And the gorgeous girlies who did our nails were so sweet, it was kind of like chatting with friends. Younger, better-skinned friends.

Nails. Flowers. ART. Beauty. This is Annalies. "Hiiiiiii Annaliiiiiies!"
If I was rich enough I totes would have stayed the night and hired my own butler (and sent him out for Skittles and puppies). Maybe in another lifetime. It was still lovely to step inside and see how The Other Half lives... even just for an afternoon.

Merry Christmas Ani Bani. (And me, mwahaha.)

Harping on a bit.

Mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two cents!