Sunday, January 20, 2013

Rebekah Lucy Loves Snow

It's snowing in London! I love snow! It's a risky, slippery business walking around out there this weekend (sorry for giggling Annalies), but it's just! so! pretty!

I HEART SNOW.
Last Winter I saw my first suburban snowfall here in the UK - it's not a regular thing in my hometown (although it did snow in Lower Hutt the first Winter I was away from home. *shakes fist) so it's still a total novelty for me, proper exciting.

On my walk home from the gym today (first session, gross - don't expect to see a blog post about that as I doubt I will ever love it) it was so uplifting to see so many people laughing, smiling, playing in it (with tiny dogs!), and throwing snowballs at each other. Adult Londoners having actual fun. It's a miracle! Thanks Mother Nature, you're the best.

3 comments:

  1. I've just discovered your blog! I'm from New Zealand too, living in Gloucestershire. The snow is exciting isn't it?! And when it snowed in Lower Hutt, was that 2011 by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for the comment. I pop over to 'From L&P...' every once in a while - I found you via Being Erica, who's a friend of mine. Nice to 'meet' another Kiwi in the UK. What brought you over to Gloucestershire?

      Yup, the 2011 snowfall back in the Hutt - I was gutted to miss it! I love the snow - it's so pretty and fun.

      Delete
    2. Oh great!
      Nice to 'meet' you too! haha :)
      And my family moved over here in 2011, but I was finishing my degree back home, so I didn't join them. But then when I finished I didn't know what to do, so I thought it would be a good time to see this side of the world :)
      And I remember that snow! It snowed in Palmy too, and boy was that exciting! :D
      Annoying that you missed it!!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your two cents!