Monday, March 11, 2013

Rebekah Lucy Loves Burger and Lobster

After some post-Supa slothing around the house on Saturday morning I collected Annalies and we headed in to Soho to celebrate Hobbs' Birthday with her (and some of her posher-than-us friends). Our first stop: Burger and Lobster in Dean Street. I'd heard plenty of good things, but this was my first time and I was hungry for lobster.

It's a simple concept - the name is pretty much a dead giveaway. Burger. And lobster. The menu is super streamlined with three main course options to choose from - burger, lobster, or lobster roll. I suppose they could have called the place Burger and Lobster and Lobster Roll but it doesn't really roll off the tongue.

Each of the three mains are £20 a pop, which is pretty amazing for lobster right? But perhaps less so for a beef burger. You can take the burger 'plain' if you fancy it that way, or add bacon and cheese for no extra cost. I like that. And I like bacon and cheese. Whichever of the three options you choose, it comes served on a faux-grand, faux-silver platter with a side of fries and a salad. (And, if you're me, a pint of Asahi also.) Yum, yum, yum.

The lobster.

Birthday girl sampling the fare.

Annalies and I decided to share 1 x burger and 1 x lobster roll so we could sample a bit of everything, a wise choice me thinks. We took the burger with the free extras, I mean we're talking cheese and bacon here - who would say no? The staff sliced everything in half for us so it was ready for sharing when it arrived at the table. Perfect.

Burger. Boiga. Smile for your close up.

Lobster roll. Get this in and around your face hole.

Form an orderly queue please boys. Stunning.

In my expert (*cough) opinion, the burger was tasty but pretty standard. However, the lobster roll was amazing. 'Roll' is a bit of an undersell as it's actually a deliciously fluffy brioche bun, stuffed to the brim with generous chunks of lobster meat dressed in mayonnaise. Again - yum, yum, yum.

The joint was teeming with people - it's a popular spot so you can't book in advance unless you're in a group of six or more. Luckily for us on a chilly, slightly hungover Saturday afternoon that was the case, so we were taken straight to our booth where our also slightly hungover waitress took care of us.

In favour of vacating B&L to head out for cocktails (as you do) we didn't partake in dessert and I have had to live with my regret ever since. To wit, next time I'll get the cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two cents!